karaf-dev mailing list archives

From jjongsma <...@git.apache.org>
Subject karaf pull request: New feature deployer
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:00:04 GMT
GitHub user jjongsma opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/27

    New feature deployer

    Looking for some feedback on this one.

    We do a lot of hot upgrades to our servers by just updating the local feature XML files,
and have noticed some issues in the current version, most importantly:

    1. Ref counting is broken, so features/bundles are frequently not uninstalled even when
they are no longer required as a dependency of install=auto features
    2. Removing or replacing a repository (feature XML file) does not remove bundles contained
in it even if they were no longer referenced as a dependency anywhere, leaving a lot of running
orphaned components

    This feature deployer rewrite is our attempt to resolve these issues. It does change the
behavior, but only to fix what currently seems broken.

    $ git pull https://github.com/barchart/karaf deployer

    https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/27.patch

----
commit 784ebd9f4860afdad42d2e6f494d9105f456b79b
Author: jjongsma <jeremy@barchart.com>
Date:   2014-02-06T19:56:11Z

    New feature deployer

----