karaf-dev mailing list archives

From siwatson <siwat...@gmail.com>
Subject EIK support for Karaf 3.0.x and Eclipse Kepler
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 19:19:34 GMT
Hi, I posted this to the users list last week but didn't get any feedback,
and maybe it's better suited to the dev list anyway...

I'm hoping to migrate from Eclipse Virgo to Apache Karaf. Until now, we've
relied on Virgo's Eclipse IDE tooling to create bundles and deploy to a
local dev server, giving a quick compile-run-debug lifecycle within the IDE.

Looking at Karaf, I see there is an EIK project which seems to offer similar
functionality. I've tried the 0.9 build and some 0.10 snapshots from early
January but I'm unable to get it working with the latest versions of Karaf
and/or Eclipse. I don't really want to downgrade to get the tools work if I
can help it. I've raised a couple of JIRAs and can see there are a few
others in a similar situation.

I can appreciate that EIK probably isn't the top priority for the developers
so I just wanted to ask if there's a plan for addressing these issues and
creating a new release anytime soon?

Thanks,

Simon.