karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minimal karaf distro
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:19:40 GMT
> I had the impression to read an e-mail from Peter Kriens ;)

LOL

> I know DS interests. My point was more DS or Blueprint vs OSGi "native". It
> was not between DS and Blueprint.

Ooops. I think that I misunderstood your question.

The problem with the plain OSGi approach, is that its extremely hard
to get it done right and really hard to maintain it.
In the simplest case, you have a service that depends on an other
service and using a plain service tracker is pretty straight forward.
When a service has more than one service dependencies the complexity
starts to increase. You'll need to be extra careful to prevent
concurrency issues and the resulting code will be hard to deal with
(tons of boilerplate all over the place).

And of course, transparency and control wise we wouldn't even be as
near as DS can get us ;-)

--
Ioannis Canellos

Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com