karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Minimal karaf distro
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:26:53 GMT
I see.

If I compare with starting directly from the OSGi framework, I can see
the following values:
- abstraction of the OSGi framework (supporting both Felix and Equinox)
- Pax URL by default (to support various type of URL)
- Karaf features (to extend the distribution)

Am I right ?

If we use the "Linux distribution wording", I would propose:
- Karaf core (as you propose)
- Karaf net (a "lightweight" distribution bootstrapped with an Internet
connection)
- Karaf minimal (like the net one but with all embedded in the system
repository)
- Karaf (the "complete" distribution)

Does it make sense ? Not sure ;) I have to think about that a bit.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré