karaf-dev mailing list archives

From sekaijin <jyterr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Minimal karaf distro
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 14:56:00 GMT
Yes this solution is to first install a Karaf base
for once installed and configured
deploy over the transverse featrures of entreprise .
and finally to deploy specific components in the platform .

but in very large distribution company to have a turnkey , that are deployed
independently is much more efficient.
Karaf + only the necessaries features + the transverse features of the
business in one package allows to deploy tens of times.

we have our package deployed 17 times
the procedure is the maximun simplified.
untar , run config shell script to fix name and ports and start .
all users can perform their work.

we dropped a commercial solution for two reasons
platform contained many useless. thing possible to remove so it required a
lot of resources to ussage .
The deployment process was long , complex and expensive .

It is a bit like ServiceMix
If you had for install ServiceMix, install Karaf, then install all the
elements to run ServiceMix. would require a lot of time before we can define
its first route.

We see the same thing with Eclipse which allows to define distibutions for a
particular purpose.