karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf version 3.0.0
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:42:06 GMT
I see two problems here:
i) The bootFeatures in the minimal distro contain more features than it should.
ii) The minimal distro cannot boot offline (even if I remove all the
features that shouldn't be there).

I think that that the minimal distribution should be able to boot up,
without requiring access to any external repository. For extra
features (e.g. http, spring etc), yes I agree they should be get
downloaded from an external repo, but that should not be the case for
the boot stuff.

Shipping a 16 MB minimal distro, that cannot boot offline, is wrong imho.

I don't mind changing my vote to a +0, its just that in the past we
considered similar issues show stoppers and that's why I gave it a -1.

--
Ioannis Canellos

Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
Twitter: iocanel