karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:40:37 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to come to a conclusion before we release 3.0.0 on
whether we want JMX Role-based Access Control enabled by default or
not.

Right now it's not enabled and you have to set the KARAF_ACL
environment variable for this.
While I have no problem with adding a command line flag to control
this I think it would be nice if it was enabled by default. I realize
that until recently KARAF-2513 was standing in the way of that, but
this should now be fixed. I'm personally not aware of any other issues
with it...
Shell commands (and OSGi Services in general) already have RBAC
enabled by default and I think they should probably line up.

However if people disagree with having this enabled, then I could live
with that, but in that case I think it would be good to also disable
the shell command/osgi service RBAC switched on/off via the same
mechanism.

Thoughts anyone?

David