karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Which config.properties and startup.properties with admin:create ?
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:38:25 GMT
Long, long time ago there was idea of profiles which could be integrated into Karaf to integrate
all things - starting from configuration and environment properties up to installed bundles
and features. Sadly this idea did not come. Two separate things grown up - KARs and Cellar
together with Fabric. These days none from both manages instance configuration. However idea
of profiles was much deeper and one from plans was to manage it to work at build time and
runtime.

For now I would preffer to go for fully working solution, maybe not for Karaf 3.0 but for
3.1 which could integrate profiles. That's my 0.02 PLN. ;-)

Cheers,
Łukasz Dywicki
--
luke@code-house.org