karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Apache Karaf 2.3.2 and 3.0.0.RC2 in two weeks time?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:35:02 GMT
Will we perform this RC off of our current SVN scm or wait for the git
infrastructure to be in place?

In either case let's do a quick review of current 2.3.2 pending issues, and
bump out those we can to 2.3.3. Once the 2.3.2 RC is up we should be in a
good position to spin up 3.0.0.RC2 as well for OSGi Rev5 testing.

Cheers,
Jamie



On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> we are working on it. 2.3.2 should be in vote later this week or beginning
> of the next one.
>
> Regards
> KB
>
>
> On 06/26/2013 10:03 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just a gentle reminder about any 2.3.2 release gonna happen?
>>
>>
>>
>> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jamie
>>>
>>> Oh thanks a lot of the blog link. That is a great way to have a
>>> summary of what happens in Karaf land on the releases.
>>> And after reading the blog I think I wanna pop a red wine for tonights
>>> dinner ;)
>>>
>>> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Claus,
>>>>
>>>> Lots of progress has been made towards the 2.3.2 RC, still a handful of
>>>> issues to resolve. Platform testing is underway.
>>>>
>>>> FYI, I keep a weekly update of the various Karaf branches on my blog,
>>>> here
>>>> is the most recent update post:
>>>> http://icodebythesea.blogspot.**ca/2013/05/apache-karaf-**
>>>> update-may-19-25-2013.html<http://icodebythesea.blogspot.ca/2013/05/apache-karaf-update-may-19-25-2013.html>
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Jamie
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  Hi
>>>>>
>>>>> Sounds good with a 2.3.2 release. Any update on its progress?
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'd like to start the discussion on scheduling in Apache Karaf 2.3.2
>>>>>> and
>>>>>> 3.0.0.RC2 builds in the coming weeks.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Apache Karaf 2.3.2 has some important fixes that the community need
to
>>>>>>
>>>>> have
>>>>>
>>>>>> made available. There are currently 25 issues on Jira that need
>>>>>> triage,
>>>>>>
>>>>> and
>>>>>
>>>>>> possible move out to 2.3.3 for fixing.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Apache Karaf 3.0.0 has recently been refocused to OSGi spec rev 5,
as
>>>>>>
>>>>> such
>>>>>
>>>>>> another RC cut should be made available to allow wider testing of
this
>>>>>> change.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Given that every run up to an RC tends to uncover the need for a
>>>>>>
>>>>> particular
>>>>>
>>>>>> critical bug fix or access to an unreleased dependency I think that
>>>>>>
>>>>> looking
>>>>>
>>>>>> for a 2 to 3 week schedule should be sufficient.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What does everyone think?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>> Jamie
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Claus Ibsen
>>>>> -----------------
>>>>> www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.
>>>>>
>>>>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>>>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>>>>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>>>>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>>>> Twitter: davsclaus
>>>>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>>>>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.
>>>
>>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>> Twitter: davsclaus
>>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message