karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <hwellmann...@gmail.com>
Subject Karaf Test Container in Pax Exam
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:41:09 GMT
The port of Karaf's test container into Pax Exam is now more or less
finished - or at least stable enough to ask you all for feedback.

The container is tested with Karaf 3.0.0.RC1 - I haven't tried any other
Karaf versions yet.

Latest snapshot:

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/ops4j-snapshots/org/ops4j/pax/exam/pax-exam-container-karaf/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/

Sources:

https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.exam2/tree/master/containers/pax-exam-container-karaf

Regression tests:

https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.exam2/tree/master/itest/karaf

The scanFeatures() option removed in Pax Exam 3.0.0 has now been
replaced by a simplified features() option, a static method in
KarafDistributionOption.

This is the only API change so far. For the time being, I did not change
any package names, but of course org.apache.karaf.tooling exam should be
replaced by something like org.ops4j.pax.exam.karaf before the first
release (planned to be Pax Exam 3.1.0).

If there is sufficient demand, it shouldn't be too hard to provide an
adapter module mapping old package names to new ones by delegation or
inheritance, but maybe this isn't needed with IDEs taking care of
package imports...

Please let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Harald