karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: features -> subsystems?
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:54:47 GMT
Hi Andrei,

the first plan is to coexist.

It's the same plan for P2 repositories.

Features is the central and main provisioning for Karaf: we don't plan
to move to something else for now.
However, provide "bridges" between others systems (like subsystems and
P2) is interesting (both in the runtime and in the karaf-maven-plugin).

The scope coverage of the Karaf features is "larger" (at least for now)
than subsystem. For instance, the ConfigAdmin/ConfigFile support is very
limited in subsystems comparing to Karaf Features.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré