karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Warning when files are not deployed by a feature
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:15:44 GMT
Hi all,

karaf can deploy files like config files during the installation of a
feature. If the file is already present then it is not overwritten.
I wonder if we should print a warning in this case. One use case for
this is a new version of a feature that adds a new needed property
to a config file. If the old feature was already present then the old
config will be present and the user may also have done changes.

So there might be cases where a feature works if it can install its
default configs but does not work when they are already present but invalid.
So we could write for each file that is already present:
"Warning: file <path> to be deployed is already present and will not be
changed."

We could also provide an option in feature:install like -f that forces
all files to be overwritten if someone wants to make sure the feature
installation should use the defaults.

What do you think?

Christian

--