karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Roedl Lukas <Lukas.Ro...@ait.ac.at>
Subject AW: Task scheduler in Karaf
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:25:15 GMT
Hi,

Yes I saw that it's now included in 3.0.0.RC1.
I just wanted to know if it's worth working on a patch ;-)
So I'll transform that into a patch and open a Jira the next days...

Best regards,
Lukas

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: jb@nanthrax.net [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. April 2013 15:18
An: dev@karaf.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Task scheduler in Karaf

Hi,

The scheduler provided by Ioannis has been included in 3.0.0.RC1.

Before the 3.0.0.GA release (or 3.1.0 depending of the timing), I plan to add the following
new features:
- enhancement of the jledit support provided by Ioannis as well (task
started)
- enhancement of the sub-shell support (it looks like the Cisco IoS shell environment) (task
started)
- new optional feature to provide a service wrapper based on commons-daemon instead of JSW
(POC on my github)
- new optional features for a complete scheduler (bundle, service, etc) powered by Quartz
(my purpose is not to try to focus on Sling as it's not the same platform as Karaf) (TODO).

The purpose of the last point is to provide a feature as we did for
encryption:
- the basic feature works a simple as possible as out of the box
- if the user requires more advanced setting, it can enable and install advanced feature.
For instance, about encryption, the user can enabled the jasypt support.

Any help is welcome !
If you want to share what you did, I would be glad to review it with you.

Regards
JB