karaf-dev mailing list archives

From j.@nanthrax.net
Subject Re: Task scheduler in Karaf
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:17:09 GMT
Hi,

The scheduler provided by Ioannis has been included in 3.0.0.RC1.

Before the 3.0.0.GA release (or 3.1.0 depending of the timing), I plan
to add the following new features:
- enhancement of the jledit support provided by Ioannis as well (task
started)
- enhancement of the sub-shell support (it looks like the Cisco IoS
shell environment) (task started)
- new optional feature to provide a service wrapper based on
commons-daemon instead of JSW (POC on my github)
- new optional features for a complete scheduler (bundle, service, etc)
powered by Quartz (my purpose is not to try to focus on Sling as it's
not the same platform as Karaf) (TODO).

The purpose of the last point is to provide a feature as we did for
encryption:
- the basic feature works a simple as possible as out of the box
- if the user requires more advanced setting, it can enable and install
advanced feature. For instance, about encryption, the user can enabled
the jasypt support.

Any help is welcome !
If you want to share what you did, I would be glad to review it with
you.

Regards
JB