karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject [Discuss] Let Hudson comment on jira issues
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:21:05 GMT
Hi all,

I have seen a nice Hudson feature at the Syncope project that might be
interesting for us.
Since jira is not connected to svn anymore we have the problem that we
can not directly see the code changes related to a jira issue anymore.
So often people add the commit log from svnsearch or similar to show
what they changed. The problem is that it is easy to forget this.

In Syncope Hudson comments on each relevant jira entry. So jira shows
the build status and the changes in svn. Here is an example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-245

I think it would make sense to also add this feature to the karaf builds.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de