karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Karaf features on github
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:17:27 GMT
Hi

Perhaps we should have a separate subproject/repository for the enterprise
features. The wouldn't block Karaf releases but could be updated after a
new Karaf version is released (e.g. if the enterprise features need some
dependencies included in standard Karaf features) or after a new enterprise
library is released. Another solution would be such a repository as a SMX
subproject. There is already repository for osgifying external bundles
(Could be there committed any osgified libraries or should they be
compatible with Apache license?). There could be something similar for
enterprise features.

In my opinion the current Karaf enterprise features repository should still
be part of Karaf as it is a integral part of Karaf and many other features
depend on them. I mean we could have a separate subproject for any other
3rd party enterprise libraries which other users could use in their
projects.

I don't know whether all  eterprise libraries fulfill  the rules to be
dependencies of Apache project. If no, It could be only a Github project.

Regards
Krzysztof