karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] hawtio: a new lightweight HTML5 console for Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, JMX, OSGi & Fuse Fabric
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 08:17:51 GMT
On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Ɓukasz Dywicki <luke@code-house.org>wrote:

> Guillaume,
> I'll not answer for your points since my statement was clear in previous
> message. Made the decision what do you want to do with hawt.io, what you
> want to offer Karaf community and then, simply back.

I was just offerring the knowledge, nothing more. And eventually an
invitation to look at it and eventually work on it if people want.  Not all
people follow the camel list and I think it made sense to do it.  Because
it runs in Karaf, and because lots of Karaf users use camel or activemq,
and because it can also serve as a Karaf management console.  If you're not
interested, just ignore the discussion.

> If  you have some objections about my previous or current arguments, go
> ahead.

So I did, but you just said you don't want to answer them.

> We can talk with somebody who is higher than we. I'm personally curious
> what Apache officers thinks about this kind of announcements.

In such a case, you should really send an email to the PMC first (
private@karaf.apache.org),  where JB being the PMC chair is also an officer
of the ASF.  There are also a few other ASF members there.  The PMC is the
one responsible for the project.  Ultimately, you can ping the board (
board@apache.org), though it's usually done when the PMC fails to handle a
situation.

> I'll especially skip the argument about company since Apache is community
> over the code and you should never raise argument like that.

You brought the argument in when you said "Fuse project" (not even sure
what you mean by that since FuseSource does not exist anymore).   I think
one of the implication is I'm not acting for the benefit of the project
itself.  So you're questioning my integrity, and I can't really let that go
without answering.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com