karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Create Karaf 2.4.x branch
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:20:53 GMT
To my understanding the bugfix is just waiting to be applied.
Therefore waiting for "another two month" isn't necessary, so we might
very  well just switch now.

Though releasing a 2.3.1 first is fine with me, which would result in a 2
month delay for the back port then ;)

Just my .02 cents
Achim
 Am 15.01.2013 20:46 schrieb "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net>:

> Just another thing: if we decide to "speed up" the minor number versioning
> (more 2.5.0, 2.6.0, etc, which looks like a good idea to me), I think that
> it makes sense to create a karaf-2.x.x branch in that case (and "minor"
> branches only when it's required).
>
> My $.02
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 01/15/2013 05:53 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
>
>> +1, and actually I think we might just skip 2.3.1 and call it a 2.4 after
>> this one is applied :D
>>
>> what do you think
>>
>> regards, Achim
>>
>>
>> 2013/1/15 Ioannis Canellos <iocanel@gmail.com>
>>
>>  +1 on creating a 2.4 branch.
>>> Personally I am ok at adding new features on micro releases as long as
>>> they
>>> don't change the API, especially considering the speed at which we bring
>>> out new major and minor ones.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Ioannis Canellos*
>>> *
>>>
>>> **
>>> Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
>>> **
>>> Twitter: iocanel
>>> *
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message