karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: [ANN] hawtio: a new lightweight HTML5 console for Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, JMX, OSGi & Fuse Fabric
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:01:48 GMT
AFAIR (I think that Lukasz and Achim will jump in), once again, it's
exactly the purpose of Karaf WebConsole: provide a kind of container for
plugins/features extensions.

That's my point: identify the overlap/gap between Karaf WebConsole and
HawtIO to "communicate" and anticipate the adoption.
IMHO, as ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Karaf, Camel, KarafEE, etc are Apache
projects, it would make sense to have the "Console" project at Apache.
As a Karaf subproject, we can move forward and see later if it makes
sense to promote as a TLP.

My $0.02

Regards
JB