karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Karaf
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 07:22:18 GMT
Apache Karaf provides higher level features and services
specifically designed for creating OSGi-based servers.

Community
=========
Indicators during the last 3 months:
- Download: 36,624 downloads (all distributions, all branches) between
September, 1 and November, 30.
- User mailing list: 574 messages between September, 1 and November, 30.
- Dev mailing list: 459 messages between September, 1 and November, 30.
- Commits: 607 commits between September, 1 and November, 30.

A couple of talks have been provided during ApacheCon EU and W-JAX
Germany. These talks introduced Karaf and Cellar.

Development
===========
The following new releases have been voted:
* Apache Karaf 2.3.0 (major update to a new Karaf branch)
* Apache Karaf Cellar 2.2.5

Due to a major issue in Apache Aries Blueprint 1.0.1, we decided to
postpone Karaf 3.0-RC1 to include the Aries fix.

We've resumed the work on EIK (Eclipse Integration for Karaf) in order
to provide a first EIK release soon.

Issues for board consideration
None so far.