karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Searching through classloaders
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:49:36 GMT
As JB says, in osgi you should think in terms of packages rather than classes.  At a lower
level than the karaf shell,   in osgi 4.3 frameworks there is the bundle wiring api and in
earlier frameworks the PackageAdmin service to let you investigate this stuff programatically.

thanks
david jencks

On Nov 18, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you can get the classloader from each bundle.
> IMHO, it's not the right approach and you shouldn't do this: OSGi modules (about exported/imported
packages, etc) is more interesting (including the packages version for instance). For instance,
in Karaf you have packages:export and packages:import commands to see that.