karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Karabo Molema <komol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching through classloaders
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:44:02 GMT
Hi, thanks for the help. After thinking about it, I think it's best I
explore this through the api's that come with OSGi, instead of going
the classloader route

regards
karabo

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As JB says, in osgi you should think in terms of packages rather than classes.  At a
lower level than the karaf shell,   in osgi 4.3 frameworks there is the bundle wiring api
and in earlier frameworks the PackageAdmin service to let you investigate this stuff programatically.

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Nov 18, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you can get the classloader from each bundle.
>> IMHO, it's not the right approach and you shouldn't do this: OSGi modules (about
exported/imported packages, etc) is more interesting (including the packages version for instance).
For instance, in Karaf you have packages:export and packages:import commands to see that.