karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Karaf 2.3.0 very close
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:30:18 GMT

On Oct 8, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Agree Claus, but Camel is not the only application running on Karaf.
>
> So, we have to think about "others projects" as well.
>
> I have no problem to upgrade to Spring 3.1.x but later (why not imagine a Karaf 2.4.x
for that, it could be a good indicator), and propose both Spring 3.0 and 3.1 in Karaf 2.3.0
(depending of the impact, that I gonna test tonight).

I agree with that.    I know CXF has had very little testing with Spring 3.1.x.    I would
definitely prefer keeping on 3.0.7 for Karaf 2.3 and think about that for 2.4.

I also agree that this is way to close to "release" to flip out a major component like spring.
  Maybe a month ago, but not now.

Dan

> Regards
> JB
>
> On 10/08/2012 06:48 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>> Camel 2.10.x uses Spring 3.0.7 for now, for we are "aligned" with Camel
>>> 2.10.
>>>
>>> Does it make sense to update to Spring 3.1.x (for future Camel version
>>> maybe) ?
>>>

>> Well Camel 2.10 supports both Spring 3.0.x and 3.1.x. And we are
>> frankly only holding back because of Karaf.
>> As when people deploy Camel in Karaf they inherit the spring from Karaf.
>>
>> People in the community would like to use Spring 3.1.x as its been out
>> since December 2011.
>> And its the stable release path where they cut new releases.
>>

>>> Regards
>>> JB

I'll apply

--