karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Karaf 2.x and aliases for 3.x commands
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:08:45 GMT
I think we should keep the aliases. The reason is that with the aliases
we can describe commands for 2.x and 3.x in the same way. (For example
in tutorials).
So people starting with a fresh karaf can see the same behaviour for 2.x
like for 3.x.

Instead I propose to provide a way to switch the aliases off. This
allows advanced users to switch the aliases off if they dont want them.

Christian