karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote][WebConsole] Camel / CXF / ServiceMix modules
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:33:36 GMT
I think that a release as a subproject is really needed. I am already aware
of people using it and building on top of it and they would like to have a
release.

I am not sure though, if the subproject should move into trunk. Here are
some thoughts about it.

I feel that trunk needs to have one and only one webconsole. Either the
felix webconsole or the karaf-webconsole, but I don't fancy having them
both, for the obvious reasons.

>From the aesthetic point of view, I am +1000 for karaf-webconsole.
For ease of development, I am +1000 for karaf-webconsole (this is just a
personal view and not something based on objective criteria).
I couldn't oversee however the fact that the felix webconsole is widely
used, people have built stuff on top of it, etc.
Would it be possible to reuse/wrap/bridge felix webconsole stuff in
karaf-webconsole?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*