karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [Vote][WebConsole] Camel / CXF / ServiceMix modules
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:35:55 GMT
Should WebConsole be early released:
0

I propose to include it in the trunk now and release it with Karaf 3. So it could be included
in the RC1 already. I would rather not do a separate Release as it may confuse users.

Should Camel / CXF / ServiceMix modules be announced to other communities:
1

I think we should at least write on the respective dev lists that the modules are there. So
if they pick them up its great if not I would delete them.

Christian

Am 10.08.2012 14:51, schrieb Ɓukasz Dywicki:
> Dear all,
> Last year Andreas, Charles and I started working on Karaf WebConsole. Since then lots
of things was done - almost complete support for OSGi management, switching to Wicket 1.5.
Some of things still need to be done - complete Karaf modules, clean up or improve Config
Admin / Events / Log / Blueprint pages. Branch for Karaf 3.0 (easy stuff). After that we should
be ready to release stable version. Even now we can release early alpha to let 2.x users test
webconsole and get involved in community.

> Outside core modules we have integrations with Camel / CXF and ServiceMix. These modules
are not supported and was done by me as proof of concepts. For now there is no one who is
interested in it. We should consider to announce existence of these modules or even Karaf
WebConsole to other communities to get them involved in development. If we won't do that we
may remove these modules as they will be not supported.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect