karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Telling whether startup is really complete
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:48:22 GMT
I mostly agree besides for the default. I think we all agree that the
delayed start of the console is the better option for beginners while
a lot of karaf developers like the console that starts directly.

For this reason I think we should have the delayed start as default for
two reasons:
1. We are only a handfull of developers while there are thousands of
users and most are beginners or at least do not have a deep
understanding of karaf.
2. The delayed start is a nice out of the box experience for people who
start karaf for the first time. Especially the beginners will not find
the option to turn this on easily

Christian

--

Christian Schneider