karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Adding Webconsole Plugin for SCR
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:02:38 GMT
I wonder i we're asking the right question here.  We have something we want to "turn on" when
a set of n other things are present.  We're talking bundles which don't work that way.  A
more friendly model is DS services with mandatory references.  If we say that the n other
things are services rather than bundles, and the thing we want  to turn on is also a service,
then we can use DS to automatically do the detection and wiring and service creation/registration
for us.

If we installed a small bundle or two with a feature, that couldn't resolve until some other
bundle(s) were also installed, would that be a problem?  (or used dynamic import :-(((( )

david jencks