karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Webconsole Plugin for SCR
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 03:48:22 GMT
Something like the following?  Add an attribute that would mark a bundle as
a named dependency of a parent feature?

<feature resolver="(obr)" description="Declarative Service support" version=
"3.0.0-SNAPSHOT" name="scr">
    .... snip ....
    <bundle start-level="30" feature-dependency="webconsole">
mvn:org.apache.karaf.scr/org.apache.karaf.scr.webconsole.plugin/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
</bundle>
</feature>

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:

> not so sure if we don't mix up this with KARAF-201 [1]. Scanned the
> mailing list, the jira and my brain for a discussion for such a
> mechanism and couldn't find one. While it might be possible doing
> something like this with post-scripts (as described in [1]) it might
> still be better to have something dedicated for this --> It might be a
> good idea discussing this now and trying to forge an issue from it
> :-).
>
> One idea which jumps into my mind is something like: add a new tag to
> the features.xml; something like optional-extension. If you enter scr
> and webconsole there it could be installed automatically once both of
> the others are installed. We can scan for such features after each
> feature install. I think it wouldn't be too hard to implement that way
> and could come in quite handy for the current webconsole and the
> future karaf-webconsole.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-201
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Scott England-Sullivan
> <sully6768@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Having a trigger mechanism for features would be very useful.  It dawned
> on
> > me while looking into this so its good to hear that it is already in
> > discussion.
> >
> > I will just go with webconsole-scr for the moment and add some doco to
> the
> > Karaf site.
> >
> > Thanks for the input. :-)
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Scott ES
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> yeah, somewhere in the dev threads there is a discussion about this :)
> >> There should be even some issue for this.
> >> It was decided to postpone this to 3.1 :)
> >>
> >> regards, Achim

> and

> >> extra

> >> --