karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Webconsole Plugin for SCR
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 03:22:02 GMT
not so sure if we don't mix up this with KARAF-201 [1]. Scanned the
mailing list, the jira and my brain for a discussion for such a
mechanism and couldn't find one. While it might be possible doing
something like this with post-scripts (as described in [1]) it might
still be better to have something dedicated for this --> It might be a
good idea discussing this now and trying to forge an issue from it
:-).

One idea which jumps into my mind is something like: add a new tag to
the features.xml; something like optional-extension. If you enter scr
and webconsole there it could be installed automatically once both of
the others are installed. We can scan for such features after each
feature install. I think it wouldn't be too hard to implement that way
and could come in quite handy for the current webconsole and the
future karaf-webconsole.

WDYT?

Kind regards,
Andreas