karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Second birthday concall and release schedule
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:55:02 GMT
Yes, let's wait for JB's healthy return before we hold the call.

Hope you feel better soon JB!

Cheers,
Jamie

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:10 AM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey JB,
>
> first of all get better soon. And of course this call can wait till you're back
> and Healthy again.
>
> Regards, Achim
>
> 2012/7/16 Brian Topping <topping@codehaus.org>:
>> Hope you are feeling better soon, JB!!
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> On Jul 15, 2012, at 8:03 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm again at the hospital (same issue as 2 weeks ago), this time to perform deeper
investigation.
>>> The doctor request me to rest one week.
>>>
>>> So for the Second Birthday Concall, I let you decide:
>>> - you can maintain the call without me
>>> - we postpone one week more
>>>
>>> Sorry again for that.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>
>>> On 07/13/2012 03:44 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>> FYI,
>>>>
>>>> I created the wiki page about the Karaf Second Birthday Meeting:
>>>>
>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KARAF/Apache+Karaf+Second+Birthday+Meeting+%282012-07-16%29
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I will make a test with Google Hangout.
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> JB
>>>>
>>>> On 07/13/2012 03:30 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>>> The Aries API modules have been module.
>>>>>
>>>>> I pinged Guillaume and Dan to get the info when the other Aries modules
>>>>> will be released.
>>>>>
>>>>> In the mean time, I'm tackling Pax Url (1.4.3) and "my" issues ;)
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> JB
>>>>>
>>>>> On 07/13/2012 03:26 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>>>>>> Well, then once Aries is out we can go (finaly) for a 3.0.0 vote!
>>>>>> Hurray :-)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Christian Schneider
>>>>>> <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>>>>>>> From my point of view it is mainly the SNAPSHOTS we use. Mostly
>>>>>>> everything
>>>>>>> else can be delayed. I am simply working on features till we
are ready.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Am 13.07.2012 13:02, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> OK, issues are going up and down for the 3.x release since
weeks now;
>>>>>>>> the interesting question: what is really missing (from a
feature point
>>>>>>>> of view) for 3.0? Couldn't we delay them for 3.1/4.0? I still
think
>>>>>>>> that 3.0 is such a big change that we should rather bring
it out
>>>>>>>> slowly instead of pushing an even larger feature amount into
it; don't
>>>>>>>> you think?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Christian Schneider
>>>>>>>> <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 3/ Karaf 3.0.0RC1
>>>>>>>>>>> Currently, we have mainly two blocking issue
for this first RC
>>>>>>>>>>> release:
>>>>>>>>>>> - we have to update to Aries 1.0.0 (instead of
SNAPSHOT as we have
>>>>>>>>>>> currently)
>>>>>>>>>>> - the source distribution is missing
>>>>>>>>>>> I'm working on the source distribution and I
raised the Jira
>>>>>>>>>>> about the
>>>>>>>>>>> Aries
>>>>>>>>>>> modules update.
>>>>>>>>>>> I'm going to gear up the Aries update in order
to cut off a
>>>>>>>>>>> first RC
>>>>>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>>>>>> (as it is currently). It would be great to be
able to cut off the
>>>>>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>>>>>> end of this week.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> +1 here too, just to make clear, we're talking about
the first
>>>>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>>>>> candidate and not a "real" RC1 release, are we?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> If we say a release candidate should be functionally
complete and
>>>>>>>>> only
>>>>>>>>> may
>>>>>>>>> need some bugfixes then I agree we should not yet do
a RC1.
>>>>>>>>> What we could do though is have a milestone release like
M1. With the
>>>>>>>>> aries
>>>>>>>>> release in that could be a nice point in time to do so.
>>>>>>>>> I just looked into the Karaf 3 deps. The only remaining
SNAPSHOT dep
>>>>>>>>> beside
>>>>>>>>> Aries is pax url maven. I am quite sure we can release
that in time.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Then after the M1 release we should discuss what needs
to go into
>>>>>>>>> Karaf 3
>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>> be ready for a RC1.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> What do you think?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> Christian Schneider
>>>>>>>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Open Source Architect
>>>>>>>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Christian Schneider
>>>>>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Open Source Architect
>>>>>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Apache Karaf <http://karaf.apache.org/> Committer & PMC
> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>
> Committer & Project Lead
> OPS4J Pax for Vaadin
> <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home> Commiter & Project
> Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Mime
View raw message