karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does the ssh:sshd command really need to create a new ssh server on each call?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:18:23 GMT
I'm not really sure how we could do such a netstat command if we don't
manage all the ports ourselves ...

Anyway, for sshd, i guess we could get rid of the command if it isn't used
(and I agree I've never seen anyone using it so far).  I don't think we
should add management layers for each port though: all the configuration is
already centralized in configadmin, and I fear that adding lots of commands
for managing things that we already have common management for, may just
confuse users.  I guess what we're missing for common ports is a simpler
way (more centralized) configuration file, so maybe using
etc/config.properties for common port configuration and using placeholders
referring to those would be easier for users, so that they would only have
a single file to modify...
Removing this sshd command will have a nice effect of removing your concern
about mixing blueprint calls in the code btw ;-)

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
FuseSource, Integration everywhere