karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Comment out SNAPSHOT repositories by default
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:49:52 GMT
Just one question though: does the slowness occurrs when checking
repository for releases or when using snapshots ?
When installing released bundles, it should have no effect, since the repo
is  marked as containing snapshots only.

For people that did not build karaf locally, this will have the effect of
not being able to install snapshot features not contained in the default
distribution, such as the console for example.
Which means, deploying snaphots is useless, because people will usually
have to build it locally anyway.

--
Guillaume Nodet