karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Webconsole Plugin for SCR
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:16:49 GMT
Hmmm, going through that thread again I realized that I misunderstood
Achims proposal :-S I still like it but I don't feel that this will solve
the current issue. I am still +1 for it, but for the current problem I was
thinking for something like:

<feature resolver="(obr)" description="Declarative Service support"
version="3.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
name="scr">
    <capability feature="webconsole">
        <bundle>mvn:org.apache.karaf.scr/org.apache.karaf.scr.webconsole.
plugin/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT</bundle>
    </capability>
</feature>

Where capability could specify a feature (as shown above), a package, a
service etc.

When the scr feature gets installed, the feature service could check if the
defined capability is meet in our container and if so install the
webconsole plugin.
Also, after a feature gets installed it could have a look at the existing
installed features and see if there are new capabilities that are meet.

I think that this would be really usefull, especially for the management,
diagnostic, webconsole related features.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**