karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Second birthday concall and release schedule
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:44:44 GMT
FYI,

I created the wiki page about the Karaf Second Birthday Meeting:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KARAF/Apache+Karaf+Second+Birthday+Meeting+%282012-07-16%29

I will make a test with Google Hangout.

Regards
JB

On 07/13/2012 03:30 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> The Aries API modules have been module.
>
> I pinged Guillaume and Dan to get the info when the other Aries modules
> will be released.
>
> In the mean time, I'm tackling Pax Url (1.4.3) and "my" issues ;)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 07/13/2012 03:26 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>> Well, then once Aries is out we can go (finaly) for a 3.0.0 vote!
>> Hurray :-)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andreas
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Christian Schneider
>> <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>>>  From my point of view it is mainly the SNAPSHOTS we use. Mostly
>>> everything
>>> else can be delayed. I am simply working on features till we are ready.
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> Am 13.07.2012 13:02, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>
>>>> OK, issues are going up and down for the 3.x release since weeks now;
>>>> the interesting question: what is really missing (from a feature point
>>>> of view) for 3.0? Couldn't we delay them for 3.1/4.0? I still think
>>>> that 3.0 is such a big change that we should rather bring it out
>>>> slowly instead of pushing an even larger feature amount into it; don't
>>>> you think?
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards,
>>>> Andreas
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Christian Schneider
>>>> <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 3/ Karaf 3.0.0RC1
>>>>>>> Currently, we have mainly two blocking issue for this first RC
>>>>>>> release:
>>>>>>> - we have to update to Aries 1.0.0 (instead of SNAPSHOT as we
have
>>>>>>> currently)
>>>>>>> - the source distribution is missing
>>>>>>> I'm working on the source distribution and I raised the Jira
>>>>>>> about the
>>>>>>> Aries
>>>>>>> modules update.
>>>>>>> I'm going to gear up the Aries update in order to cut off a first
RC
>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> (as it is currently). It would be great to be able to cut off
the
>>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> end of this week.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> +1 here too, just to make clear, we're talking about the first
>>>>>> release
>>>>>> candidate and not a "real" RC1 release, are we?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>
>>>>> If we say a release candidate should be functionally complete and only
>>>>> may
>>>>> need some bugfixes then I agree we should not yet do a RC1.
>>>>> What we could do though is have a milestone release like M1. With the
>>>>> aries
>>>>> release in that could be a nice point in time to do so.
>>>>> I just looked into the Karaf 3 deps. The only remaining SNAPSHOT dep
>>>>> beside
>>>>> Aries is pax url maven. I am quite sure we can release that in time.
>>>>>
>>>>> Then after the M1 release we should discuss what needs to go into
>>>>> Karaf 3
>>>>> to
>>>>> be ready for a RC1.
>>>>>
>>>>> What do you think?
>>>>>
>>>>> Christian
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Christian Schneider
>>>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>>>
>>>>> Open Source Architect
>>>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Christian Schneider
>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>
>>> Open Source Architect
>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>>
>

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com



Mime
View raw message