karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Second birthday concall and release schedule
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:30:40 GMT
The Aries API modules have been module.

I pinged Guillaume and Dan to get the info when the other Aries modules 
will be released.

In the mean time, I'm tackling Pax Url (1.4.3) and "my" issues ;)

Regards
JB

On 07/13/2012 03:26 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
> Well, then once Aries is out we can go (finaly) for a 3.0.0 vote! Hurray :-)
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Christian Schneider
> <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>>  From my point of view it is mainly the SNAPSHOTS we use. Mostly everything
>> else can be delayed. I am simply working on features till we are ready.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> Am 13.07.2012 13:02, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>
>>> OK, issues are going up and down for the 3.x release since weeks now;
>>> the interesting question: what is really missing (from a feature point
>>> of view) for 3.0? Couldn't we delay them for 3.1/4.0? I still think
>>> that 3.0 is such a big change that we should rather bring it out
>>> slowly instead of pushing an even larger feature amount into it; don't
>>> you think?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Christian Schneider
>>> <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 3/ Karaf 3.0.0RC1
>>>>>> Currently, we have mainly two blocking issue for this first RC release:
>>>>>> - we have to update to Aries 1.0.0 (instead of SNAPSHOT as we have
>>>>>> currently)
>>>>>> - the source distribution is missing
>>>>>> I'm working on the source distribution and I raised the Jira about
the
>>>>>> Aries
>>>>>> modules update.
>>>>>> I'm going to gear up the Aries update in order to cut off a first
RC
>>>>>> release
>>>>>> (as it is currently). It would be great to be able to cut off the
>>>>>> release
>>>>>> end of this week.
>>>>>
>>>>> +1 here too, just to make clear, we're talking about the first release
>>>>> candidate and not a "real" RC1 release, are we?
>>>>>
>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>> Andreas
>>>>
>>>> If we say a release candidate should be functionally complete and only
>>>> may
>>>> need some bugfixes then I agree we should not yet do a RC1.
>>>> What we could do though is have a milestone release like M1. With the
>>>> aries
>>>> release in that could be a nice point in time to do so.
>>>> I just looked into the Karaf 3 deps. The only remaining SNAPSHOT dep
>>>> beside
>>>> Aries is pax url maven. I am quite sure we can release that in time.
>>>>
>>>> Then after the M1 release we should discuss what needs to go into Karaf 3
>>>> to
>>>> be ready for a RC1.
>>>>
>>>> What do you think?
>>>>
>>>> Christian
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Christian Schneider
>>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>>
>>>> Open Source Architect
>>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Christian Schneider
>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>
>> Open Source Architect
>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com
>>

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com



Mime
View raw message