karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Second birthday concall and release schedule
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:02:23 GMT
Hi Andreas,

in terms of features, we are very close (I have two that I'm working on:
around sub-shell completion and prompt, and around instance:clone).

I'm also updating Aries dependencies to 1.0.0.

We have to release a Pax Url 1.4.3 (as we use SNAPSHOT currently), I
will review the Pax Url Jira and cut off this release.

Even if it's a RC, we can't use SNAPSHOT release in dependencies.

I'm working on it this afternoon (and over the week end).

Regards
JB

On 07/13/2012 01:02 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
> OK, issues are going up and down for the 3.x release since weeks now;
> the interesting question: what is really missing (from a feature point
> of view) for 3.0? Couldn't we delay them for 3.1/4.0? I still think
> that 3.0 is such a big change that we should rather bring it out
> slowly instead of pushing an even larger feature amount into it; don't
> you think?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas

>>> +1 here too, just to make clear, we're talking about the first release
>>> candidate and not a "real" RC1 release, are we?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Andreas
>>
>> If we say a release candidate should be functionally complete and only may
>> need some bugfixes then I agree we should not yet do a RC1.
>> What we could do though is have a milestone release like M1. With the aries
>> release in that could be a nice point in time to do so.
>> I just looked into the Karaf 3 deps. The only remaining SNAPSHOT dep beside
>> Aries is pax url maven. I am quite sure we can release that in time.
>>
>> Then after the M1 release we should discuss what needs to go into Karaf 3 to
>> be ready for a RC1.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --