karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Second birthday concall and release schedule
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:44:46 GMT

>> 3/ Karaf 3.0.0RC1
>> Currently, we have mainly two blocking issue for this first RC release:
>> - we have to update to Aries 1.0.0 (instead of SNAPSHOT as we have
>> currently)
>> - the source distribution is missing
>> I'm working on the source distribution and I raised the Jira about the Aries
>> modules update.
>> I'm going to gear up the Aries update in order to cut off a first RC release
>> (as it is currently). It would be great to be able to cut off the release
>> end of this week.
> +1 here too, just to make clear, we're talking about the first release
> candidate and not a "real" RC1 release, are we?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
If we say a release candidate should be functionally complete and only
may need some bugfixes then I agree we should not yet do a RC1.
What we could do though is have a milestone release like M1. With the
aries release in that could be a nice point in time to do so.
I just looked into the Karaf 3 deps. The only remaining SNAPSHOT dep
beside Aries is pax url maven. I am quite sure we can release that in time.

Then after the M1 release we should discuss what needs to go into Karaf
3 to be ready for a RC1.

What do you think?

Christian

--