karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf 2.2.8
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:08:43 GMT
I think I found the root cause, we spin our own KarArtifactInstaller
since karaf 2.0.x does not expose it as a service

  <bean id="karArtifactInstaller"
class="org.apache.karaf.deployer.kar.KarArtifactInstaller"
init-method="init"  destroy-method="destroy" activation="lazy">
    <property name="basePath" value="$[karaf.base]" />
    <property name="localRepoPath" value="$[karaf.base]/local-repo" />
    <property name="featuresService">
      <reference interface="org.apache.karaf.features.FeaturesService" />
    </property>
  </bean>

Here is reference to karaf team on why we spin our own service bean

However I still it is a bug since I ask the service to look for my
file at a certain location, but  the it looks somewhere else.

Big thanks

-Dan