karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf 2.2.8
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:49:17 GMT
I'm the third one backing Guillaume here. I've a strong negative
feeling about changing behavior in micro releases if it's not a VERY
critical bug. PPL adapt to the behavior and will become "afraid" of
upgrading micro releases, although they definitely should do so to
become the latest bug-fixes and get the security holes stuffed. But,
since we've messed up this "concept" about 1k times for the 2.2.x
branch anyhow I don't consider it a show stopper now; nevertheless we
really should learn from this and do better for 2.3.x; I think this
also includes opening 2.4.x the moment 2.3.0 is released to make sure
that ppl have a place to include features/improvements and are not
tempted to include them into micros; but this is a different story :-)

Independently I've tested the latest release (src builds, notice
checks, my applications, ...) and it looks really good to me.

--> all in all +1 (binding) for the release.

Kind regards,
Andreas