karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: karaf-maven-plugin work
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:18:16 GMT
Apologies if this was confusing or whatnot, it's kind of hard to contribute like this.  Please
don't hesitate to ask for clarification here or in channel.

Thanks, Brian

On Jun 10, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Brian Topping wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've submitted https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1530 and am about to start
on some more changes, but wanted to get preferences from the team on which direction I go
first.

> End result should be a plugin with complete integration tests for every feature, both
to provide documentation and ensure against regressions.

> Option 1: Attack warts first, add tests when they are cleared.  This is the path of least
overall work, but creates more of a burden for team members accepting patches to get to the
end result.

> Option 2: Create comprehensive tests first against current behavior, then fix both plugin
and tests.  This is more work, but may be faster from a calendar perspective because it reduces
the effort for patches to be approved and applied.