karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Do not depend to OSGi Compendium
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 07:43:51 GMT
Hi all,

I updated Karaf trunk (3.0) to use OSGi Compendium 4.3.0. It means that
now, Karaf trunk uses both OSGi and OSGi Compendium 4.3.0 (whereas
previously it used OSGi 4.3.0 and OSGi Compendium 4.2.0).

However, to "simplify" version range, I think it makes sense to not
depend from OSGi Compendium but directly from the service implementation
itself (for instance Felix ConfigAdmin, etc). As we already manage the
version of service implementation, I think OSGi compendium dependency is
superfluous.

I raised:

WDYT ?

Thanks