karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Gilles <romain.gil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf should provide a maven BOM
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 16:03:28 GMT
In fact when you use the scope import it automatically substitute the
current import statement by all the dependencyManagement block of the
pointed dependency (here karaf).
Therefore as in your super pom you mix child dependency definitions and
your third party dependencies then it is more hard to me to specify my
dependencies on third parties because I have to take care of yours as they
are imported there is an ordering issue...
So if you provide a bom I will get only your child projects in my
dependency management and do my dependency management for my third parties
without take care of karaf's third parties.

The may issue raise when you try to import 2 project that (i.e. karaf and
another one) that does not have the same dependencies... (I mee in term of
versions).

Do you see what I mean?

Romain.