karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between the distributions
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 14:21:01 GMT
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious, do we plan to do beta and/or alpha releases? Maybe after
> cutting the stabilisation branch it might be a good idea to cut a
> beta? I know we had those discussions some time ago; nevertheless
> Karaf-3 is PRETTY, VERY, VERY, VERY big in changes... so a beta might
> be a good idea in this special case... don't you think?

Yeah good idea. Maybe even cutting and release even milestone releases.
And then a period with beta / RC candidates.

Karaf being a server, it takes a long time for people to adapt, and
migrate to newer versions.
As well people build their own custom server software from Karaf.

So giving everyone amble time to test, feedback, and whatnot is a very
good idea.
To help build trust in Karaf as a safe "bet" for the future.

> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Romain Gilles <romain.gilles@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's interesting. I have plan to switch to 3.0 as soon as an alpha will be
>> available.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Romain
>>
>> Le mardi 22 mai 2012, Christian Schneider a écrit :
>>
>>> For Karaf 3 we already joined the distros.
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> Am 22.05.2012 11:04, schrieb Romain Gilles:
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> Then I will build a distribution that join the both ;)
>>>
>>> Romain.

Project

--
Claus Ibsen