karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Add a scope feature-url
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 15:11:01 GMT
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Christian Schneider <
chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> I looked into the feature commands a little deeper and I think I can do
> more than just changing the scope.
>
> See https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/KARAF-1502<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1502>
>
> I already did some of the implementation and I think it looks much better
> than what we have now.
>
> If the command names are going to be changing will there at least be alias
matching the existing commands by default, or easily enabled? I tend to
agree that the changes are minor enough for a human to figure out but we
tend to do a decent amount of scripting that uses these commands so
changing them will require a decent amount of rework on our part. It's not
the end of the world but aliases would at least cause this change to be
relatively non-breaking (unless the arguments are changing too) until we
got a chance to update all our scripts.

Chris