karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a scope feature-url
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:22:58 GMT
I think the repository commands use the argument as the repository
name instead of the repository url.

Not sure about separating both.  It does not really help with
completion (as you need to type the ':' in addition to few<tab> for
example), and given those are related, it looks more natural to me.  I
think subshells should be really independent and that's not the case
imho.

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Christian Schneider
<chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> I would like to add a scope feature-url and move the feature:url-* commands
> there.
> The idea is that command completion will work much better this way.
>
> Currently we have the following completions:
>
>> feature:<tab>
> feature:info                 feature:install              feature:list
>           feature:repository-list
> feature:repository-remove    feature:uninstall            feature:url-add
>            feature:url-choose
> feature:url-list             feature:url-refresh          feature:url-remove
>           feature:version-list
> ^ This mixes the commands about feature urls and the commands about features
> which is bad
>
> After the change we could do:
>
>>feature:<tab>
> feature:info                 feature:install              feature:list
>  feature:uninstall
>
>>feature-url:<tab>
> feature-url:add        feature-url:choose     feature-url:list
> feature-url:refresh    feature-url:remove
>
> Which looks much more cohesive.
>
> The subshell would also work better with that change. There even the
> prefixes are gone in the completion and you simply have the commands
> you can do on features or feature urls.
>
> Btw. What are the two feature:repository-* and feature:version-list commands
> good for? I have never noticed them before and honestly never missed them.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de