karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Add a scope feature-url
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 13:54:31 GMT
Yes fragmentation is an issue. We have to make sure the informations on
the top level are good enough so people know what subshell to look into.
Of course we can still provide a help list of all commands too so people
can grep it if they are unsure where a certain command is located.

On the other hand I think a hierarchy makes a lot of sense. Currently we
have 142 commands at the top level (with a default karaf). This is quite
overwhelming for users.
If they would simply see 10 subshells with nice descriptions of the
purpose that would probably be a much better guidance.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de