karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Add a scope feature-url
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:51:13 GMT
If we want to separate feature and feature-url  depends a bit on the
meaning of a scope or subshell. I would like to design them around
resources.
In this view features are a resource and feature-urls are another resource.

If you look at it this way you have a nice separation of nouns and
verbs. The resources (subshells) are the nouns and the commands are the
verbs.
I think this view is much more natural than just grouping commands.

It will also allow to extend this to more unusual usages that we
currently can not yet support like:
 > jms:myqueue
(jms:myqueue)> <tab>
drop    purge    send    browse

So a queue could also be a resource and have commands. This is a bit far
away from where we are now but designing the subshells with resources in
mind would help us to get there.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider