karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Simpler karaf shell command/action definition
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 07:52:33 GMT
I used the blueprint annotations that should be available in the next
aries release.
 From the snytax I would prefer CDI annotations but I do not think the
frameworks for CDI are ready for OSGi at the moment.

On the other hand I do not really want to get rid of blueprint at this
point. For example I think
it makes a lot of sense to define references to external services in the
blueprint context and
use @Inject in the commands to reference them.

I think at the moment there is a lot of movement around annotations in
OSGi so probably we simply
wait a bit before switching larger chunks of the Karaf code. Still we
could provide the layer that takes
the services and creates the commands out of them. So people could start
experimenting with it.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de