karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject [Discuss] Handling of initial bundles
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 17:03:24 GMT
Hi all,

on startup we currently use the following procedure.

We read property karaf.auto.start from the file config.properties.
This can be either a list of bundles separated by spaces or
"startup.properties" or "all".
If it is all we replace karaf.auto.start with the list of all bundles in
the system dir. I think this option does not really make much sense.
If it is startup.properties then we replace karaf.auto.start with the
list of bundles specified in the file startup.properties.
Additionally we either support mvn urls or paths which are converted to
mvn urls.

This all is quite a lot of variability of which we use none.

I propose to replace this in two steps:

1. Remove the karaf.auto.start property and always load the bundles from
startup.properties. Also only support mvn urls.
This makes the code in main cleaner and makes it easier for our users to
understand how to change the startup bundles.

2. Remove the startup.properties and instead use a feature name to
determine the list of bundles to load
The second step makes this even simpler and additionally we can remove
the generation of the startup.properties in the karaf maven plugin.

So what do you think?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider